Thursday, March 29, 2007

Destination 3

Next, we drove to Israel. The drive wasn’t that long, but all the security and stuff took a little bit of time. Once we were past all that, we went straight to a trail called David’s Waterfall. It is believed that that was where David hid from Saul in the wilderness.

At the beginning of the trail, we almost walked into an Ibex herd. (A type of deer that looks like an antelope.) The moment one of us spotted them, all the cameras flew into action. Only after everyone had taken a picture did we continue on with the trail.

A little further down the trail we came to a small pool of water. There were school kids in their shorts playing in the water and some closer to the water’s source: a mini waterfall.

The trail was so beautiful! Again, I wanted to live there for the rest of my life. The water was fresh except where the animals had been in and out. There were perfect places for my project “live out”. The only problem was that I had family to get back to and friends who would hunt me down to see the pictures.

On we went toward the main waterfall that was supposedly David’s. It was huge! It seemed that the water had come from miles away just so we could see it. I wanted to go and dive in but it was blocked off. All I could do was watch in amazement and wonder.

On the way back, I went ahead and found the perfect place to wait for my Grandma. It was a small rock that went half into the water. I was sitting on the part that was out of the water when some teenagers came by. One of then said something to me. He spoke in Arabic so I asked if any of them spoke English. One did. It was the girl in the small group of teens.
She told me that her brother had warned me not to fall in. I was embarrassed and told her I would try not to. Just after they left, my Grandma came from around the corner. I got up, jumped the little trickle in my way, and we went on.

When we got back to the beginning, I wanted to go back with my book and read in my spot – but, of course, not enough time. We needed to make it on time to our next tour stop. We all regrouped and loaded the bus once more.

The Garden. Our next and last stop was the Garden of Gethsemane. This is also known as the place were Jesus brought his disciples, and prayed. He prayed to the Father asking if there was some other way to save everyone from sin. If you’ve read the Bible, then you know what God told Jesus.

When we got there, there were already some other groups from China, Mexico, and other countries. I could tell because of the languages. Of course, some of the languages I didn’t recognize. We had to wait in line for a little bit. Than we all prayed and entered the garden.

Inside there were olive trees everywhere and a dirt path leading around the whole thing. I felt happier than ever in this place. (Don’t ask me why I was happy, of all things.) Grandma reminded me to stay quiet because some people were praying and reading their Bibles. We decided to pray, too.

After we were done praying, we went over to the guide. He was holding a basket and asked us to give the gatekeeper a tip for allowing us all in. We did and when we all regrouped, we left the garden and went back to the hotel to pack up for the last time.

The Airport. Saying good-bye to all our new friends. Boarding the plane. Landing in the U.S.A. Going to my Grandma’s to spend the night. Heading back home again. What a trip! It’s one that I’ll remember forever.

No comments: